NEW in art

[PAINTING] Leonid Afremov

painting by leonid afremov
 Leonid Afremov (born 1955) is a Jewish Belarusian painter. His paintings are often vividly-coloured landscapes, cityscapes and figures, and are typically painted using a palette knife and oil paint. His work has been greatly influenced by contemporary cityscape painter and modern impressionist Michael Flohr.

Afremov graduated in 1979 from Vitebsk Art School. After discovering that only communist propaganda posters would sell in the Soviet Union, Afremov moved to Israelin 1990. Within two weeks, he had found a job in an advertising agency painting billboards, but on the eve of an exhibition, his studio was broken into and vandalised. After having his art gallery vandalized, Leonid moved to the United States.

“I tried different techniques during my career, but I especially fell in love with painting with oil and pallette-knife. Every artwork is the result of long painting process; every canvas is born during the creative search; every painting is full of my inner world. Each of my paintings brings different mood, colors and emotions. I love to express the beauty, harmony and spirit of this world in my paintings. My heart is completely open to art. Thus, I enjoy creating inspired and beautiful paintings from the bottom of my soul. Each of my artworks reflects my feelings, sensitivity, passion, and the music from my soul. True art is alive and inspired by humanity. I believe that art helps us to be free from aggression and depression.”
painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov

painting by leonid afremov
See more paintings by Leonid Afremov here

No comments:

Post a Comment

ART FOR YOUR WALLPAPER Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.